I finally have a project finished! Oh boy, it was a project.
I bought this old Lane Chest @ a Salvation Army in April for $20.00. It had a leg that was broke and some scrapes and rings on it. I loved the mid-century modern feel so I snagged it. My original idea was to strip it and stain it but let me tell you this; I tried and staining is HARD. I ended up painting it with left over paint from my wall stencil project. (I needed more gray in my room anyways.) It ended up pretty good though I am definitely learning a lot about “projects”. Hopefully it will translate into even better things in the future.
Here is the before and after pics.
I stripped the old stain and sanded lightly. I attempted to stain it but I just did not like the results I was getting, so I ended up painting it and then placing polyurethane over the paint. I also fixed the broken leg with just some wood glue. Here are various pics of the project:
Any questions ask! Let me tell you this is labor intensive so if you do not have patience do not attempt! My car was not in my garage for 2 weeks!